ReportWire

Video shows Shia LaBeouf Mardi Gras fight outside New Orleans bar

New details have been released about actor Shia LaBeouf’s arrest on Mardi Gras Day in New Orleans.

The video shows LaBeouf taking off his shirt before approaching a group of men gathered outside R Bar on Royal Street in New Orleans’ Marigny neighborhood.

In the video, he appears to shove one man and throws punches at others as a crowd forms around him. At one point, he can be heard saying, “Let’s fight, let’s fight,” before swinging again. Others in the crowd yell, “don’t swing,” and “chill, chill,” while urging people to back up.

The crowd eventually takes him to the ground and holds him there until police arrive.

LaBeouf, 39, was arrested early Tuesday morning and booked on two counts of simple battery, according to the New Orleans Police Department.

According to an arrest report, staff at R Bar said LaBeouf had become increasingly “irate and aggressive” throughout the evening. Witnesses said the bar’s manager attempted to eject him multiple times. During one attempt, LaBeouf allegedly swung a closed fist at the manager.

A bystander intervened to assist in escorting the actor out, at which point LaBeouf reportedly struck that person multiple times. After briefly leaving the premises, he returned with increased hostility, and patrons were forced to physically restrain him, holding him down until police arrived, the report said.

Once released by the group in hopes he would leave peacefully, LaBeouf allegedly attacked the first victim again, landing several punches to the upper body. He then allegedly turned to a second man standing near the door, striking him in the face with enough force to possibly dislocate his nose. The second victim later sought hospital treatment.

“He began to brace up to bystanders trying to initiate a physical altercation,” the police report stated.

Police records also indicate LaBeouf repeatedly used homophobic slurs toward the victims and bystanders. 

Video footage collected by police confirmed LaBeouf struck at least two people with closed fists.

LaBeouf was initially transported to Touro Hospital for medical evaluation before being booked into the city’s jail. He was later released on his own recognizance. Court records show his next hearing is scheduled for March 19.

The incident occurred during New Orleans’ Mardi Gras celebrations, which draw large crowds to the city each year. It marks the latest in a series of public disturbances and legal troubles for the actor, who has previously faced charges for public drunkenness and assault in other cities.

Source link