ReportWire

Tag: Marimar Martinez shooting

  • Judge expected to rule on texts, photos from fed agents in Brighton Park shooting

    [ad_1]

    CHICAGO (WLS) — The woman shot five times by federal agents in Chicago, during Operation Midway Blitz has asked a judge to release more evidence.

    She could get an answer at a hearing Friday.

    ABC7 Chicago is now streaming 24/7. Click here to watch

    Marimar Martinez was shot five times last year by CBP agents after her vehicle was involved in a collision with Border Patrol Agent, Charles Exum.

    This all happened on October 4, near 39th and Kedzie, on the city’s Southwest Side.

    RELATED: ‘My own government attempted to execute me,’ Chicago woman shot by Border Patrol testifies

    A judge could issue a ruling Friday to release more evidence from the shooting.

    Federal agents and the Department of Homeland Security say Martinez rammed the agents’ vehicle and continue to refer to her as a “domestic terrorist.” This after all charges against Martinez were later dropped.

    Martinez and her attorney said they want her name cleared by releasing evidence in the case.

    RELATED: DOJ drops charges against woman shot by CBP agent in Chicago after being accused of ramming car

    Prosecutors said they are OK with releasing body camera videos of the moments leading up to the shooting, but argue additional text messages from the agent involved should not be released.

    Martinez testified from Capitol Hill on Tuesday, saying that she believes her testimony highlights a pattern of lies told by the federal government.

    “I know that being a survivor, it’s my duty to be here today to let you elected officials know what is happening on the streets of our country because silence is no longer an option,” Martinez said.

    Martinez is set to be Congressman Chuy Garcia’s guest at President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address later this month, with Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem expected to attend.

    Martinez’ hearing this morning is set to begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Dirksen Federal Building.

    A court hearing scheduled for Wednesday shooting of Marimar Martinez back in October has been postponed until Friday.

    Martinez was hit five times and injured.

    ABC7 Chicago is now streaming 24/7. Click here to watch

    Federal prosecutors originally accused her and Anthony Santos of using their vehicles to strike agents who were doing immigration enforcement near 39th Street and Kedzie Avenue.

    Those charges were eventually dismissed.

    RELATED: ‘My own government attempted to execute me,’ Chicago woman shot by Border Patrol testifies

    Martinez seeks to release more evidence to combat what her lawyers said is harm to her reputation.

    Ahead of the hearing, Martinez was in Washington DC Tuesday testifying on Capitol Hill about her ordeal.

    “I know that being a survivor, it’s my duty to be here today to let you elected officials know what is happening on the streets of our country because silence is no longer an option,” Martinez said.

    She said what happened to her should serve as evidence of a pattern of lies told by the federal government.

    Illinois lawmakers joined her call for accountability

    “That’s why we made it clear that this negotiation to change the standards for ICE is critical for us to continue this agency,” Senator Dick Durbin said.

    Copyright © 2026 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.

    [ad_2]

    Christian Piekos

    Source link