Miami-Dade authorities have issued an arrest warrant for ex-NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown, charging him with attempted murder with a firearm following a May altercation outside a celebrity boxing event
Former NFL standout Antonio Brown, 36, is now the subject of a Miami-Dade County arrest warrant on a charge of attempted murder with a firearm stemming from a shooting May 16, outside a celebrity boxing event. According to the warrant, Brown allegedly seized a handgun from a security staffer and fired two shots at a man identified as Zul-Qarnain Kwame Nantambu, after allegedly punching him. One of the bullets is reported to have grazed Nantambu’s neck. Surveillance and cellphone video obtained by investigators show Brown advancing toward Nantambu, holding a weapon, and discharging it while standing just several feet away. Brown was extradited from Dubai back to the United States on Thursday, November 6th. Brown has been vocal about the incident on social media.
#News – Ex-NFL star Antonio Brown was arrested following an altercation that led to gunshots—allegedly fired by Brown—outside Adin Ross’s boxing event last night. He was released shortly after and appeared on Adin Ross’s stream😳| #ONLYinDADE pic.twitter.com/CdDNjdE6vD
— ONLY in DADE (@ONLYinDADE) May 17, 2025
The warrant sets Brown’s bond at $10,000 and mandates house arrest upon arrest. Currently, he is listed as “wanted” by authorities.
Brown was temporarily detained by police at the scene of the May incident after officers were alerted to gunfire near the Boxing event hosted by streamer Adin Ross. Although no one was arrested at that time and no weapon was recovered, two shell casings and an empty holster were found. In a social-media post following the event, Brown reportedly claimed he had been “jumped by multiple individuals who tried to steal my jewelry and cause physical harm to me,” and said he was released after providing his statement to police. He added, “I WENT HOME THAT NIGHT AND WAS NOT ARRESTED.”
Brown took to his X account in June and stated, “That guy (referring to the alleged victim) is a fraud, liar, stalker & criminal He was arrested in 2022 for stealing 6 figures of jewelry from me He then showed up at my show at rolling loud in 2023 trying to assault me Then in May he snuck into a gate at the event and came right up to me trying to steal from me and threaten my life Media hasn’t told this story yet… instead painting a false picture of me That night I was fighting for my life with his intentions.”
That guy is a fraud, liar, stalker & criminal
He was arrested in 2022 for stealing 6 figures of jewelry from me
He then showed up at my show at rolling loud in 2023 trying to assault me
Then in May he snuck into a gate at the event and came right up to me trying to steal from… https://t.co/x6i3PkP50b
— AB (@AB84) June 27, 2025
Scroll to continue reading
Second-degree attempted murder with a firearm carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine under Florida law. Brown’s involvement in this incident adds to a long list of legal controversies following his NFL career. Brown, once a seven-time Pro Bowl receiver who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has faced lawsuits for domestic violence, unpaid child support and other off-field issues.
The Miami-Dade police department declined to comment on the investigation.
Lauren Conlin
Source link