ReportWire

4 teens charged with murder after fatal stabbing of 14-year-old boy at Bronx playground

[ad_1]

Four teens — two of whom are minors — are facing murder charges after the fatal stabbing of a 14-year-old boy at a Bronx playground earlier this month, according to the Bronx district attorney’s office.

On Wednesday, the Bronx DA charged Andrew Ansah and Jordan Williams, both 18, as well as two other defendants aged 15 and 16, with murder, manslaughter, gang assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

In a statement, Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark said the teens “allegedly beat, pistol whipped and stabbed the victim, turning a playground into a killing field.”

“We will hold accountable those who ended this boy’s life. We will get justice for Angel and endeavor to bring some semblance of peace to his loved ones,” Clark said.

Prosecutors say the four teens entered Williamsbridge Oval Park, in the Bronx’s Norwood section, around 7:40 p.m. on Aug. 5, 2025.

They were allegedly seeking to retaliate after the 15-year-old teen’s brother was stabbed earlier that day, according to prosecutors.

Angel Mendoza — who officials said was not involved in the earlier incident — was approached and struck in the face with a 9 mm handgun. The four teens then hit, kicked and stabbed Mendoza several times.

The authorities said that the entire attack was recorded on a cellphone, which also showed two other alleged assailants who are still at large.

Mendoza was transported to Jacobi Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Ansah and Williams are scheduled to reappear in court on Nov. 18. Their co-defendants are scheduled to reappear in youth court on Sept. 2.

Attorneys representing Ansah and Williams did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Gothamist.

This is a developing story and may be updated.

[ad_2]

Giulia Heyward

Source link