ReportWire

Tag: True Crime News

  • What Was Gypsy Rose Blanchard Charged With for Dee Dee Blanchard's Murder?

    What Was Gypsy Rose Blanchard Charged With for Dee Dee Blanchard's Murder?

    [ad_1]

    At first, Gypsy Rose Blanchard faced first-degree murder charges for her role in the murder of her mother, Dee Dee Blanchard. She later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 2016 and received a 10-year prison sentence. She will be released on December 28, 2023, after serving 85% of her sentence. Elsewhere, her boyfriend Nick Godejohn, who stabbed Dee Dee to death, was convicted on a first-degree murder charge and sentenced to life.

    E News! reported that Gypsy and Nick plotted to murder the former’s mother. Police found her body at the Blanchards’ home in Missouri on June 15, 2015, after a disturbing post surfaced on Gypsy and Dee Dee’s shared Facebook account. That same day, Waukesha County Sheriff’s deputies arrested the duo in Wisconsin. They were charged with first-degree murder and felony armed criminal action.

    The case has been a focus of numerous documentaries. The most popular being Mommy Dead and Dearest. Moreover, Lifetime recently announced the early 2024 premiere of a documentary titled The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. A Hulu series titled The Act, starring Joey King, has also previously revisited the same.

    Gypsy Rose Blanchard court case, explained

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMB4capCeY8

    According to People Magazine, after police arrested Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her then-boyfriend, Nick Godejohn, a shocking truth surfaced. The revelation was that Dee Dee Blanchard had fabricated all of Gypsy’s medical issues. The mother had convinced her friends, family, and community that her teen daughter was terminally ill and had the mind of a 7-year-old. She also claimed that the girl suffered from muscular dystrophy, leukemia, and other ailments.

    Dee Dee reportedly suffered from Proxy Syndrome. She would exaggerate or induce illness in her daughter for attention and sympathy. Gypsy later alleged her mother also stopped her from speaking during medical appointments.

    E News! stated that Gypsy admitted to giving Godejohn gloves, duct tape, and a knife to commit the crime on June 14, 2015. After this, she made concerning posts on the mother-daughter duo’s shared Facebook page. One read, “That Bitch is dead!” A second post said, “I f–ken SLASHED THAT FAT PIG AND RAPED HER SWEET INNOCENT DAUGHTER…HER SCREAM WAS SOOOO F-KEN LOUD LOL.”

    Gypsy admitted to making the posts because she “couldn’t stand the thought of her [Dee Dee] just there, because what happens if it would have taken months to find her? So I wanted her found so she could have a proper burial.”

    The outlet reported that since Gypsy was a victim of abuse, prosecutors offered her a plea deal. She pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for her role in her mother’s murder in 2016 and received a 10-year prison term. She also testified at Nick Godejohn’s 2018 trial. A jury found the accused guilty of first-degree murder and felony armed criminal action. He received a mandatory life sentence for the murder count and a concurrent 25-year term for the second count.

    Gypsy Rose Blanchard and Nick Godejohn have since separated. In fact, the former’s family friend told People Magazine in April 2019 that she was engaged to Ryan Scott Anderson. Entertainment Tonight confirmed that she met Anderson as a pen pal while in jail and tied the knot with him on June 27, 2022. Her release date is December 28, 2023.

    [ad_2]

    Nikita Mahato

    Source link

  • Snapped on Oxygen: Where Is Susan Polk Now?

    Snapped on Oxygen: Where Is Susan Polk Now?

    [ad_1]

    Currently, Susan Polk is imprisoned in the California Institution for Women in Chino, California. Even though she became eligible for parole in 2019, the court did not grant her freedom. However, she will once again be eligible in the year 2029.

    On October 14, 2002, Susan Polk stabbed her husband Dr. Frank “Felix” Polk to death. According to Murderpedia, the body of Dr. Frank “Felix” Polk had 27 wounds, out of which 15 were stab wounds. The victim’s body also had traces of blunt force trauma. Officials arrested the convict on October 15, 2002.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xBU2W0uUmY

    This complicated case will be covered in the upcoming episode of Snapped on Oxygen. It will air on Sunday, November 12, 2023, at 6:00 pm ET on Oxygen.

    The synopsis of the episode reads,

    “Updates to an episode with new details and interviews; the son of a wealthy psychologist finds his father murdered and points the finger at his mother; investigators delve into the marriage, revealing darkness hidden behind a facade.”

    Susan Polk’s trial in brief

    In the trial of Susan Polk, she first denied her involvement in the murder of her husband. However, she soon revealed that Frank “Felix” Polk was a sexual and physical abuser. She stabbed her husband as an act of self-defense. She even said that her husband drugged and raped her when she was a teenager.

    According to The Cinemaholic, the convict fired several of her attorneys and ultimately chose to represent herself in court. She shockingly revealed that she was a soothsayer. She furthermore said, that her husband was an Israeli spy and Satanist.

    In the end, the court found her guilty and sentenced her to 16 years to life in prison in the year 2007. Susan and Felix got married in 1982. Together, they had three children.

    [ad_2]

    Debangshu Nath

    Source link

  • Takeoff Murder Suspect: Who Is the Alleged Shooter & Where Is He Now?

    Takeoff Murder Suspect: Who Is the Alleged Shooter & Where Is He Now?

    [ad_1]

    In December 2022, Houston police arrested a man named Patrick Xavier Clark for the shooting death of Takeoff, whose real name was Kirsnick Khari Ball. The incident took place outside a private party at a Downtown Houston bowling alley in the early hours of November 1, 2022, as per FOX 5. The victim and his uncle Quavo, a fellow Migos member, were attending the event. Two others were also injured during the gunfire but survived.

    Earlier this year, in May, a grand jury indicted Clark on a murder charge. Police alleged that camera footage captured him with a gun and a wine bottle in each of his hands. He then fired multiple bullets, which allegedly hit Takeoff in the head and torso. The accused maintains his innocence.

    Where is Takeoff’s suspected shooter Patrick Xavier Clark now?

    Rolling Stone reported that Patrick Xavier Clark has been on house arrest with a GPS monitor since January 2023. The 35-year-old remains the primary suspect in Migos rapper Takeoff’s shooting death on November 1, 2022. Police arrested Clark a month after the incident that took place outside a private event at 810 Billiards & Bowling in downtown Houston.

    According to abc13, there was a group of at least 34 people standing outside the bowling alley prior to the incident, including Takeoff and Quavo. The latter was allegedly arguing with a man named Michael Prince and two other men over a game of dice. That’s when multiple people started shooting during that confrontation.

    The outlet reported that detectives claimed Clark, who was holding a wine bottle and a gun, fired the shots that killed the rapper. They also found his fingerprints on the wine bottle and officially identified him as the shooter.

    Police arrested the suspect on December 2, 2022. They also learned that he had purchased plane tickets to Mexico two days before authorities apprehended him. Moreover, they found a massive stash of cash on the then-34-year-old at the time of his arrest. Since his January 5, 2023, bond worth $1 million, he had been on house arrest with a GPS ankle monitor.

    [ad_2]

    Nikita Mahato

    Source link

  • Michael Skakel Today: Where is Martha Moxley’s Alleged Killer Now?

    Michael Skakel Today: Where is Martha Moxley’s Alleged Killer Now?

    [ad_1]

    An upcoming TV special on ID titled Halloween Horror will revisit Martha Moxley’s unsolved murder and the case against Michael Skakel. It airs this Friday, October 27, 2023, at 10 p.m. ET.

    Martha, 15, was bludgeoned to death sometime on the night before Halloween in 1975. Her body was found behind her famiy’s Belle Haven, Connecticut, home. This triggered a decades-long investigation into the teenager’s death. Key developments in the case included the conviction of Michael Skakel, whose family is known for their connection with the Kennedys.

    Michael was first found guilty in 2002 and served eleven years in prison before a judge overturned his conviction in 2013. The state’s Supreme Court then reinstated the conviction in 2016 and reversed this decision two years later. He is currently a free man but maintains a low-key profile. The state further announced that it will not send the exoneree to trial again.

    Martha Moxley case: Is Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel free?

    A jury first convicted Michael Skakel of Martha Moxley’s murder in June 2002. He received a 20-year prison setence in August. But a Connecticut judge ordered a new trial for him in October 2013 after he served eleven years of his sentence, as per CBS. The judge cited ineffective representation for the defendant at his trial. Following this, he was released from prison.

    However, the state’s Supreme Court insinstated Michael’s conviction on December 30, 2016 and reversed their decision two years later, once again vacating the same in May 2018. He was ordered a retrial. According to the New York Times report, the Kennedy cousin walked out of prison a free man in October 2020.

    The State of Connecticut ruled that Michael will never be retried in Martha’s murder. He remains a free man today despite being a primary suspect in the victim’s 1975 bludgeoning and stabbing death. Sportskeeda reported that the exoneree has since remained out of the public eye, maintaining a low profile.

    The case against Martha Moxley’s alleged killer Michael Skakel

    The New York Times mentioned that authorities first ruled Michael Skakel a suspect in the case when a he admitted to murdering Martha Moxley during a group session at his reform school. Multiple witness accounts confirmed the story. However, the school’s owner Joe Ricci denied that any such confession was made.

    Before that, in 1977, two years after the killing, police had even traced the murder weapon – a golf club – to the collection Skakel family’s collection. Michael’s brother Tommy and another young man were potential suspects. But both passed lie detector tests.

    Reportedly, police only arrested Michael Skakel in January 2000, a quater-century after the crime. He was 39 years old at the time. However, authorities charged him as a minor because he was 15 years old at the time of Martha’s murder. In the following months, two of his former schoolmates disclosed that the accused once claimed, “I am going to get away with murder. I am a Kennedy.”

    Halloween Horror airs with Martha Moxley’s murder on Investigation Discovery on Friday, October 27.

    [ad_2]

    Nikita Mahato

    Source link

  • What Did the Zodiac Killer Do to His Victims?

    What Did the Zodiac Killer Do to His Victims?

    [ad_1]

    Notorious serial killer—one who was never caught—the Zodiac Killer committed a string of murders that began in the late 1960s. According to CNN, he chose his victims randomly and had no apparent motive for the murders. Other sources claim that the killer also sent taunting letters to the police and claimed to have murdered at least 37 people.

    The Zodiac Killer reportedly cornered and killed couples in secluded areas and used guns and knives on the unsuspecting victims. San Francisco cab driver Paul Stine was his last known confirmed victim and died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head in his cab in 1969. Although police reported that the letters kept coming until 1974, they believe that the slayings had stopped long before.

    Authorities have even considered more than 2,500 people as suspects, however, the Zodiac Killer remains at large.

    Who were the Zodiac Killer’s victims and what did the serial killer do to them?

    According to the U.S. Sun, in his letters to the police, the Zodiac Killer claimed to have murdered 37 people during a five-year span. However, investigators have only linked the notorious killer to seven victims over the years. Out of these seven, he murdered five while the remaining two survived.

    Oxygen reported that the killer fatally shot high school students David Arthur Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen, who were out on a date on December 20, 1968. A motorist found their bodies on a gravel turnout on Lake Herman Road in Benicia – an isolated area known for being a Lover’s Lane.

    The outlet reported that six months later, Michael Renault Mageau, 19, and Darlene Ferrin, 22, became the victims of a similar assault. The attacker ambushed and shot the duo in an isolated area at Blue Rock Springs Park in Vallejo on July 4, 1969. Mageau survived the incident and later recounted the events from that tragic night to detectives.

    Pacific Union College student Bryan Hartnell, 20, and his ex-girlfriend Cecelia Shepard, 22, were the next victims of the killer. The duo was on a picnic at Lake Berryessa when an armed individual approached them. The man then tied Hartnell and Shepard before stabbing the former eight times and Shepard 10 to 20 times. Hartnell survived to tell the tale of the deadly attack.

    The final murder victim was 29-year-old yellow cab driver Paul Stine. He died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head on October 11, 1969. The incident occurred after the cabbie picked up a passenger from San Francisco and drove the individual to Presidio Heights. Detectives linked Stine’s murder to the other killings using a bloody patch of the victim’s shirt the suspected killer sent to the San Francisco Chronicle.

    As per the U.S. Sun’s report, the notorious serial killer‘s other possible victims were 27-year-old Ray Davis and 18-ear-old Cheri Jo Bates. Davis reportedly also died of a gunshot wound to the back in his own cab. The killing was eerily similar to Stine’s murder. Meanwhile, Bates was beaten and stabbed several times with a short-bladed knife.

    Reportedly, the individual behind these killings started referring to himself as the Zodiac Killer in his fourth letter. He addressed this letter, which was sent on August 7, 1969, to the police, writing, “This is the Zodiac speaking.”

    CNN reported that there has been a long list of suspects over the past five decades. However, police have never successfully identified the real Zodiac Killer. To date, they have only been able to link Arthur Leigh Allen to the murders based on circumstantial evidence. However, Allen never faced any charges and also maintained his innocence in the crimes until his death in 1992.

    The answer to the age-old question “Who was the Zodiac Killer?” remains unanswered as detectives continue to investigate the case.

    [ad_2]

    Nikita Mahato

    Source link