ReportWire

Tag: previous school shooting

  • Two Brown University students survived previous high school shootings

    [ad_1]

    Two Brown University students survived previous high school shootings

    PROVIDENCE FOR US WITH HOW STUDENTS THERE ARE FEELING TODAY, ALANNA. YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT. SEAN. STUDENTS WE SPOKE TO ARE PACKING UP AND LEAVING. LEAVING THE DORMS LIKE YOU SEE BEHIND ME, OUT OF CONCERN THAT THE SHOOTER IS STILL AT LARGE. AND AS YOU MENTIONED, WE DID LEARN THE NAMES OF TWO OF THE VICTIMS. ONE OF THOSE NAMES IS ELLA COOKE. THE OTHER IS MOHAMMAD AZIZ MERS-COV. IT WAS JUST AFTER 4:00 ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON WHEN THOSE TWO WERE KILLED AND NINE OTHERS INJURED, WHEN A GUNMAN ENTERED A BUILDING THAT HOUSES THE SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND OPENED FIRE WHILE EXAMS WERE UNDERWAY, AUTHORITIES ARE STILL WORKING TO IDENTIFY THE PERSON IN THIS SURVEILLANCE VIDEO, WHO THEY SAY WAS SPOTTED WALKING AWAY FROM THE SCENE. AUTHORITIES ANNOUNCING LAST NIGHT THAT THE PERSON OF INTEREST THEY INITIALLY FOUND IN A HOTEL ROOM IN COVENTRY, RHODE ISLAND, HAD BEEN RELEASED. WHEN THIS NEWS SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE CAMPUS, MANY STUDENTS BEGAN PACKING UP, CHANGING THEIR TRAINS AND FLIGHTS HOME TO LEAVE CAMPUS. EVEN EARLIER. THIS WAS VERY DYSTOPIAN, TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, THIS IS NOT I’M GOING ABROAD. ALL OF MY FRIENDS WERE GOING ABROAD AND FOR THIS TO BE ONE OF OUR LAST MEMORIES ON CAMPUS, AND ESPECIALLY ALL THE SENIORS THAT WE KNOW LIKE THIS IS IT’S TRULY HEARTBREAKING. THERE IS ALSO A WEBSITE AND TIP LINE FOR ANYONE WITH INFORMATION RELATED TO THE SHOOTING. THE WEBSITE IS FBA, FBI, DOT GOV SLASH BROWN UNIVERSITY SHOOTING AND THAT PHONE NUMBER YOU CAN SEE ON YOUR SCREEN. AND AGAIN AT THIS POINT NO ARRESTS HAVE BEEN MADE. LIVE IN PROVIDENCE RHODE ISLAND. ALANNA FLOOD WMUR NEWS NINE. ALANNA THANK YOU. LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE TIMELINE OF EVENTS OVER THE PAST WEEKEND. THIS ALL STARTED AROUND 420 SATURDAY AFTERNOON. BROWN UNIVERSITY POSTED AN ALERT OF AN ACTIVE SHOOTER ON CAMPUS ON ITS WEBSITE. STUDENTS WERE URGED TO RUN, HIDE OR FIGHT FOR THEIR LIVES IF NECESSARY. THEN, AROUND 630, OFFICIALS CONFIRMED TWO PEOPLE WERE KILLED AND EIGHT OTHERS WERE IN CRITICAL BUT STABLE CONDITION. LATER, THE MAYOR OF PROVIDENCE ANNOUNCED THAT A NINTH PERSON WAS ALSO HURT. AROUND 11:00 SATURDAY NIGHT. VIDEO OF THE SUSPECT WAS RELEASED. THIS VIDEO HERE AND EARLY YESTERDAY MORNING, A PERSON OF INTEREST WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AND RIGHT BEFORE SIX. THE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER WAS LIFTED. AND THEN LATE LAST NIGHT, STATE OFFICIALS HELD A LATE NIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE WHERE THEY ANNOUNCED THAT PERSON OF INTEREST WAS RELEASED. NOW, THE MAYOR OF PROVIDENCE, SPEAKING THIS MORNING ON THE THOUGHT PROCESS BEHIND THAT RELEASE. IT TAKES TIME TO RUN THIS EVIDENCE. IT TAKES TIME TO PROCESS INFORMATION THAT WAS COLLECTED AND HARD EVIDENCE THAT WAS COLLECTED. AND AND AS WE CONTINUE TO PROCESS THAT EVIDENCE, IT WAS DETERMINED THAT THIS PERSON OF INTEREST NEEDED TO BE RELEASED. AND AND WE CONTINUE WITH OUR INVESTIGATION. AND MAYOR SMILEY SAYS THAT SINCE TH

    Two Brown University students survived previous high school shootings

    Updated: 11:29 AM PST Dec 15, 2025

    Editorial Standards

    Two Brown University students are speaking out after surviving a second school shooting. On Saturday, two people were killed and nine others injured when a gunman opened fire inside a classroom at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. Police are continuing to search for the suspect after releasing a person of interest who was detained early Sunday morning. Mia Tretta survived a 2019 shooting at her high school in California, where she was shot in the stomach. She continues to experience physical problems years later. “Never in my mind would it occur there was actually a shooting until hundreds of texts started rolling in from everyone,” Tretta said. “When I was shot at my school, they knew exactly where the shooter was within the hour. I didn’t have to deal with this fear for hours on end of where this person is, could they be doing it again.”Zoe Weissman survived a 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida. She said she is frustrated to face a second shooting. “Right now, I’m just very angry,” Weissman said. “I think I’m angry that I’ve had to go through this more than once, that now my classmates and my friends also have this experience in common with me.”

    Two Brown University students are speaking out after surviving a second school shooting.

    On Saturday, two people were killed and nine others injured when a gunman opened fire inside a classroom at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.

    Police are continuing to search for the suspect after releasing a person of interest who was detained early Sunday morning.

    Mia Tretta survived a 2019 shooting at her high school in California, where she was shot in the stomach. She continues to experience physical problems years later.

    “Never in my mind would it occur there was actually a shooting until hundreds of texts started rolling in from everyone,” Tretta said. “When I was shot at my school, they knew exactly where the shooter was within the hour. I didn’t have to deal with this fear for hours on end of where this person is, could they be doing it again.”

    Zoe Weissman survived a 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida. She said she is frustrated to face a second shooting.

    “Right now, I’m just very angry,” Weissman said. “I think I’m angry that I’ve had to go through this more than once, that now my classmates and my friends also have this experience in common with me.”

    [ad_2]

    Source link