Sausage balls are an easy-to-make poppable, snackable, loveable, kind of recipe!
Pork sausage is combined with biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, and milk. Then they’re popped in the oven and baked until golden.
An Easy 3-Ingredient Appetizer
- Super easy recipe! Three ingredients and three steps make this sausage ball recipe a keeper for game day, holidays, or any day all year long!
- Cheesy bisquick sausage balls can be prepped and frozen, or baked then cooled and frozen for easy entertaining!
- Mix and match the cheeses and add zesty seasonings to create a new recipe every time!
Ingredients for Sausage Balls
Sausage – You can use either breakfast sausage or mild or hot Italian sausage. This recipe also works with turkey sausage.
Biscuit Mix – Bisquick is ready-made, but a store-brand baking mix works too. If you don’t have any, make a homemade biscuit mix recipe!
Cheese – This recipe uses sharp cheddar cheese as it has lots of flavor. Shred your own or use pre-shredded to make it quick.
- Swap the cheddar for Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or a Mexican blend.
- Add diced jalapenos or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little bit of heat.
How to Make Sausage Balls
- Combine biscuit mix, cheese, and ground sausage in a bowl (per recipe below).
- Scoop it into balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown.
Prep Ahead & Storage
- Place uncooked sausage balls on a baking tray and cover with plastic wrap for up to 2 days or store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- If baking from frozen, add an additional 8 minutes to the cooking time.
- Leftover sausage balls can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Did you make these Sausage Balls? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
These sausage balls have a cheesy, savory flavor and the perfect bite-sized shape!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheese, and ground sausage. Mix thoroughly until the mixture holds together, adding up to ¼ cup of milk as needed.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1 tablespoon of sausage and roll it into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the sausage balls for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
If you don’t have biscuit mix, combine 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅓ cup shortening. Pulse the mixture in a food processor until shortening is incorporated.
Calories: 113 | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 45mg | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.