Update 2/11/24: Available again at $50/5k MR points. Hat tip to reader Davis
Update 2/15/22: They’ve lowered this now to $30/3k instead of $40/4k. At that rate you’d be better off doing the Swagbucks deal which only requires a $5 trade.
- Rakuten is offering $40 cashback (or 4,000 Membership Rewards points) when you sign up for Coinbase and trade a cumulative amount of $100 within 6 months.
The Fine Print
- Exclusions: Cash Back is only available on a new account once a user trades a cumulative amount of $100 within the first six months. Cash Back is only available on the first cumulative $100 traded.
- Cash Back is only valid for new customers, one time per customer.
- Special Terms: Using coupon codes that are not listed on Rakuten may void Cash Back. To be safe, stick to codes provided by Rakuten.
- Posting Time: Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account tomorrow.
I don’t personally trade crypto and don’t necessarily recommend crypto as an investment strategy. Some people like putting some amount of money in crypto or like doing the Coinbase freebie deals, so this is a good way of getting a bonus along the way.
Easy-ish win for those who don’t yet have a Coinbase account. We’ve seen $30 from Swagbucks before, and this deal is $10 better.
You can read the comments of the previous post for some tips of how to save on the Coinbase fees, and also how to trigger the $5 Coinbase bonus along the way as well.
Hat tip to reader Davis