ReportWire

Tag: 8-year-old

  • Two Domino’s Employees Reportedly Rescue 8-Year-Old Boy From House Fire In Chicago

    Two Domino’s Employees Reportedly Rescue 8-Year-Old Boy From House Fire In Chicago

    [ad_1]

    Naser Khanfar and Sara Jones, two Domino’s employees, are reportedly being hailed as heroes after they rescued an 8-year-old Chicago boy from a house fire.

    RELATED: Mother Of Four Found Guilty After Sons Died In A House Fire While She Was Out

    How Did Naser Khanfar and Sara Jones, The Domino’s Employees, Save The 8-Year-Old?

    According to PEOPLE, authorities received calls reporting a fire around 1:15 a.m. on Monday, October 7. The fire was reportedly located at a mobile home in Airway Mobile Home Community.

    “We don’t believe the call came from the residence as the father and one of his sons were able to self-evacuate,” Oak Lawn Fire Department Chief Mike McMillin reported explained in a statement.

    The father and his 12-year-old son were reportedly attempting to get the 8-year-old out of the mobile home when Khanfar and Jones noticed the scene, per the Chicago Tribune. The pair were reportedly closing a Domino’s location nearby.

    “We saw the trailer on fire, and the father and his son were trying to get another son out through the trailer,” Khanfar explained to reporters. “The father and I broke the windows to help take the boy outside.”

    The outlet reports that once firefighters arrived, they were able to extinguish the flames in about 30 minutes.

    How Is The Child Doing After The House Fire?

    According to NBC Chicago, the family’s trailer was “destroyed” after the incident. Per the Chicago Tribune, Khanfar told authorities once the boy was out of the mobile home, he noticed the 8-year-old was “shaking” and saw “some blood coming.”

    Subsequently, the father and his sons were reportedly taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center. They reportedly sustained “varying degrees of smoke inhalation.” Meanwhile, the father reportedly sustained “superficial burns on his neck and shoulders.” Despite this, he and his eldest child were reportedly treated and released.

    Meanwhile, the 8-year-old was held for additional observation. According to PEOPLE, as of Friday, October 11, there have been no serious reports of injuries from the fire.

    “It’s good that people are willing to get involved and help,” Chief McMillin reportedly added.

    The Chicago Tribune notes that the cause of the fire remains under investigation.

    A Recent Fire In Georgia Is Also Making Headlines

    Meanwhile, a recent fire in Georgia has also made headlines. As The Shade Room previously reported, on September 29, a fire erupted at a BioLab in Conyers. This was reportedly caused by a sprinkler malfunction, which led to water mixing with water-reactive chemicals.

    The incident ultimately led to residents being evacuated as fumes polluted the area.

    On October 9, the Rockdale County Soil and Water Conservation District supervisor, Kenny Johnson, reportedly passed away after speaking out about the incident. An autopsy is reportedly being performed on his body by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

    RELATED: Rockdale County Soil & Water Supervisor Passes Away After Testimony About BioLab Fire 

    What Do You Think Roomies?

    [ad_2]

    Jadriena Solomon

    Source link

  • 8-year-old saves brother after dog alerts him to fire in Upstate home

    8-year-old saves brother after dog alerts him to fire in Upstate home

    [ad_1]

    An 8-year-old saved his 6-year-old brother from a fire in their home in Seneca earlier this month, according to his grandmother, Sharmen Pressley. Pressley said the family’s dog alerted 8-year-old Zeke Stewart that there was a fire. “I later found out that the dog, who was in a crate, Bruno, woke Zeke the oldest little boy up to get him out. Zeke woke up, he said the room was already on fire and there was smoke and he got up and went out the back door and got some air, gulped some air and then went back inside the house to wake his little brother up that was in the bed with him,” Pressley said.Pressley said both boys and their stepdad made it out of the house safely. Zeke was treated for burns on his ears and his brother had minor burns, according to Pressley.”I’m very proud of Zeke because he was very brave and didn’t think of himself,” Pressley said. “When we asked him what were you thinking about, he was thinking about waking his brother up and getting his brother and dad out of the house.”The family’s dog Bruno suffered burns on his head, but is OK. “Bruno we consider to be our hero too,” Pressley said. “They said with his burns, his hair won’t grow back so he’ll live with the scars but they’ll be a reminder to us how diligent he was to get the boys awake. He actually went back in the house and that’s why he got the burns.”Pressley said the family lost nearly everything in the fire. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family.

    An 8-year-old saved his 6-year-old brother from a fire in their home in Seneca earlier this month, according to his grandmother, Sharmen Pressley.

    Pressley said the family’s dog alerted 8-year-old Zeke Stewart that there was a fire.

    “I later found out that the dog, who was in a crate, Bruno, woke Zeke the oldest little boy up to get him out. Zeke woke up, he said the room was already on fire and there was smoke and he got up and went out the back door and got some air, gulped some air and then went back inside the house to wake his little brother up that was in the bed with him,” Pressley said.

    Pressley said both boys and their stepdad made it out of the house safely. Zeke was treated for burns on his ears and his brother had minor burns, according to Pressley.

    “I’m very proud of Zeke because he was very brave and didn’t think of himself,” Pressley said. “When we asked him what were you thinking about, he was thinking about waking his brother up and getting his brother and dad out of the house.”

    The family’s dog Bruno suffered burns on his head, but is OK.

    “Bruno we consider to be our hero too,” Pressley said. “They said with his burns, his hair won’t grow back so he’ll live with the scars but they’ll be a reminder to us how diligent he was to get the boys awake. He actually went back in the house and that’s why he got the burns.”

    Pressley said the family lost nearly everything in the fire. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family.

    [ad_2]

    Source link