This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Two amazing desserts come together with these delicious pecan pie brownies! They’re rich and fudgy with a gooey pecan pie topping that will have you reaching for another piece.
Pecan Pie Brownie Recipe
With this recipe you get the sweet richness of pecan pie and the fudgy goodness of brownies all in one sweet treat! These pecan pie brownies also make your life easy by using boxed brownie mix. So quick and no-fuss! But hey, if you’re feeling up to the challenge, go ahead and whip up homemade brownies – totally your call!
Once those brownies are in the oven, you whip up a delicious caramelized pecan glaze to go on top. It’s simple to mix up and really takes these brownies to the next level. Everyone loves a good brownie, but now you can add a little extra flair to make them even better! If you’re still trying to figure out what desserts to make for Thanksgiving, this is a great one to add to the list.
When you’re narrowing down your Thanksgiving dessert list, don’t just settle for regular brownies – go for the extra flair with this caramelized pecan glaze. It’s so delicious, and uses a lot of simple ingredients!
- Boxed Brownie Mix: You will need all the ingredients listed to make the batter on the box. I used a brownie mix that has chocolate chips in it, but you don’t have to. Use your favorite! Also make sure the boxed mix you choose is able to be baked in an 8×8 pan.
- Unsalted Butter: So the topping for the pecan pie brownies is nice and rich. Buttery, caramel goodness!
- Corn Syrup: Helps the topping become the right texture.
- Granulated Sugar and Dark Brown Sugar: Team up for the perfect sweetness, adding layers of flavor to your glaze.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the flavor of the topping.
- Eggs: To hold everything together.
- Pinch of Salt: So everything tastes better!
- Toasted Pecans: For that classic pecan pie nutty goodness.
How to Make Pecan Pie Brownies
This recipe is the best way to upgrade a regular old box of brownie mix. Everyone will be asking for a second piece! Here’s how to put them together:
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Pan: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then spray an 8×8 pan with pan spray.
- Prepare Brownie Mix: Make the brownie mix according to the package and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, make the pecan pie topping.
- Combine Ingredients: In a heavy-bottomed pot combine the butter, corn syrup, both sugars, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- Thicken, Add Pecans: Cook over medium heat while whisking constantly for 8-10 minutes, until thickened. Remove from the heat and then stir in the pecans.
- Add Topping: Once the brownies have baked for 25 minutes, remove them from the oven and carefully spoon the pecan mixture evenly over them. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 14-16 minutes, until the pecan mixture is bubbling and a deep golden brown.
- Cool and Serve: Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Tips and Tricks
To set you up for success (and make sure you end up with absolutely delicious pecan pie brownies) here are a few extra tips for you!
- Does the Type of Box Mix Brownie Matter? The brand doesn’t matter, it’s the size that’s important. Make sure you select a box mix that is intended to be baked in an 8×8 pan. If your mix is larger than this, there won’t be enough pecan topping to evenly cover it. You may need to double the amount of pecan pie topping for a larger batch of brownies.
- Add Topping Carefully: Be careful when you spoon the pecan pie topping over the par-cooked brownies. The brownies won’t be baked enough to hold the weight of all of the pecan topping and have it spread, instead, it will just sink if it is poured too heavily in one spot.
- Don’t Overbake! The pecan topping will become hard over the top if you bake it too long. It should be a deep golden brown, but not too dark brown.
Storing Leftover Brownies
Store pecan pie brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To keep fresh for up to 5 days, store in the refrigerator instead of at room temperature.
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8 pan with pan spray.
Make the brownie mix according to the package and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, make the pecan pie topping.
In a heavy-bottomed pot combine the butter, corn syrup, both sugars, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
Cook over medium heat while whisking constantly for 8-10 minutes, until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in pecans.
Once the brownies have baked for 25 minutes, remove them from the oven and carefully spoon the pecan mixture evenly over them. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 14-16 minutes, until the pecan mixture is bubbling and a deep golden brown.
Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 60mgPotassium: 73mgFiber: 1gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 170IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.