A quick and simple recipe for Homemade Catalina dressing. Simply add ingredients into a food processor and you’ll have a delicious sweet and tangy dressing in minutes. Recipe yields 1¾ cups.
As you know I love making homemade dressings.
And it’s been my mission over the last 13 years to make delicious, homemade, from-scratch dressings. It’s been a passion project of mine ever since finding out high-fructose corn syrup is in just about every store-bought salad dressing. If I can’t pronounce the ingredients in the ingredient list, I don’t want it.
Catalina dressing reminds me of my childhood. Actually it reminds me of my sister Julie because it’s her favorite dressing. As it turns out, Julie shares that same love with my oldest daughter, Haileigh. Both blond, blue-eyed and Catalina dressing lovers!
Simply pour this deep orange dressing over your favorite salad and prepare to fall in love.
To Make This Homemade Catalina Dressing You Will Need:
- yellow onion – Lends delicious onion flavor.
- ketchup – Homemade or store-bought. This rounds out all of the flavors in this recipe.
- red wine vinegar – Adds tang and acidity.
- honey – Gives the dressing flavor and sweetness.
- brown sugar – For a touch of sweetness and caramel-y flavor.
- worcestershire – Adds a mixture of sour, sweet and subtly spicy flavors. Use homemade or store-bought.
- paprika – Lends color and subtle flavor.
- kosher salt – Enhances the flavors in this recipe.
- freshly ground black pepper – Adds some subtle bite and flavor.
- avocado oil – Or substitute extra light olive oil instead.
Start by throwing in half of a medium-sized yellow onion that’s been roughly chopped into the bowl of your food processor.
Next, measure and add in 1/2 cup ketchup (I use sugar free), 2 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, paprika, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Secure the lid and process until combined.
While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup avocado or extra-light olive oil.
In minutes, you’ve made yourself a delicious, sweet and tangy catalina dressing. Simply drizzle over your favorite salad! We love it on our taco salad!
How to Store Homemade Catalina Dressing:
Pour the dressing into a (glass or plastic) container or jar with a tight fitting lid and keep stored in the refrigerator.
How Long Will Homemade Catalina Dressing Last?
If stored properly, this dressing will last for up to 1 month.
CLICK HERE For More Homemade Salad dressing Recipes!
Enjoy! And if you give this dressing recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Yield: 18 servings
Homemade Catalina Dressing
A quick and simple recipe for homemade Catalina dressing. Simply add ingredients into a food processor and you’ll have a delicious sweet and tangy dressing in minutes. Recipe yields 1¾ cups.
FOR THE HOMEMADE CATALINA DRESSING:
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, I like to use a sugar free ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup avocado oil, or extra light olive oil
Throw the roughly chopped onion into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Next add in the ketchup, vinegar, honey, light brown sugar, Worcestershire, paprika, salt and pepper.
Secure the lid and process until combined. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
Once blended, pour the dressing into a jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Serving: 2tablespoons, Calories: 75kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 0.1g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 104mg, Potassium: 14mg, Fiber: 0.1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 9IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 3mg, Iron: 0.1mg
This post may contain affiliate links.