We are a full-service law firm focused on the needs of New York’s hospitality and cannabis industries.
We are seeking a talented corporate attorney to fill a key role in a blossoming corporate practice catering to New York’s hospitality industry as well as its emerging recreational cannabis industry.
An ideal candidate would possess the following experience:
- 3+ years’ substantive experience working in a law firm setting on a broad array of corporate transactions (including private placements of securities);
- Experience drafting and reviewing corporate organizational documents such as shareholders and operating agreements, bylaws, and joint venture agreements;
- Experience advising on corporate governance matters applicable to LLCs, S-Corps, and C-Corps;
- Familiarity with SEC and blue sky filing and reporting in connection with securities offerings under Reg D.
- Comfort drafting a broad range of transactional documents including consulting and contractor agreements, management agreements, vendor and service agreements, and indemnification and release agreements The candidate we are seeking is an excellent legal drafter and a pro-active, energetic, and hardworking team player.
The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment and possess exceptional analytical and oral and written communication skills.
To be considered, the candidate must be admitted to practice law in the State of New York and possess a J.D. from an accredited law school. Proficiently in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Word and Excel) is required. The candidate must also reside within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York, or be willing to relocate to such an area. Candidates will be permitted to work remotely on certain days each week, subject to coordination with their supervising attorney.
Salary range: $110k-$140k per annum dependent on experience.
Benefits: • The firm offers health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and life insurance • Candidates are eligible to participate in the Firm’s 401(k) plan (3% match) • Unlimited monthly MTA MetroCards are provided
Up to 10 or 12 days working in the office a month.